10 July, 2016
Job Id: TBD
Manager Engineering will help support existing applications as well as make key contribution to the
development of new project initiatives.
For the Engineering Manager it’s very important that he/she plays multiple roles at multiple times.
The Manager Engineering will manage agile teams working on complex product deliveries that require
integration with multiple other components.
At a team level, he/she will be playing a consultative role to help put in place the appropriate people,
process, and tools and coaching members of the team as needed to optimize the efficiency of the
1. The person has overall 8-11 years’ experience of which a minimum 2-3 years are in the role
of a manager.
2. Excellent understanding of the project lifecycles like Agile, Kanban, Lean Approaches. SAFe
experience is a plus
3. A very strong technology experience either in .NET or Java.
4. Thorough understanding of the purpose, value of the projects and the customer.
5. Thorough understanding of the people and culture of the organisation.
6. Proven experience in achieving business outcomes with multiple on time and end to end
7. Strong and effective communication/ relationship skills for effective interaction with Product
teams, other Engineering teams and Stakeholders and be able to influence decisions if
8. Strong people person with the ability to mentor/coach people and be able to help them move
up in their careers.
9. Extensive project management skills and experience of managing medium to large sized
teams and projects.
10. In depth experience of working in a fast paced development environment.
11. Is aware of surrounding issues and proven experience running geographically diverse
12. Knowledge of working on PM tools like Rally, MS project etc.
13. Demonstrated knowledge of metrics and project tracking using agile tools like Rally and
14. Experience in hiring high quality software professionals at various levels.
15. Demonstrated experience in working with onsite /offshore model.