THE INDUSTRIAL DISPUTES ACT, 1947
ACT NO. 14 OF 1947 1* [11th March, 1947.]
- An Act to make provision for the investigation and settlement of industrial disputes, and for certain other purposes.
- WHEREAS it is expedient to make provision for the investigation and settlement of industrial disputes, and for certain other purposes hereinafter appearing;
It is hereby enacted as follows:–
- Short title, extent and commencement.
- Dismissal, etc., of an individual workman to be deemed to be anindustrial dispute.
AUTHORITIES UNDER THIS ACT
- Works Committee.
- Conciliation officers.
- Boards of Conciliation.
- Courts of Inquiry.
- Labour Courts.
- National Tribunals.
- Disqualifications for the presiding officers of Labour Courts,Tribunals and National Tribunals.
- Filling of vacancies.
- Finality of orders constituting Boards, etc.
NOTICE OF CHANGE
- Notice of change
- Power of Government to exempt.
REFERENCE OF CERTAIN INDIVIDUAL DISPUTES TO GRIEVANCE SETTLEMENT
- Setting up of Grievance Settlement Authorities and reference of certain individual disputes to such authorities
REFERENCE OF DISPUTES TO BOARDS, COURTS OR TRIBUNALS
- Reference of disputes to Boards, Courts or Tribunals
PROCEDURE, POWERS AND DUTIES OF AUTHORITIES
- Procedure and powers of conciliation officers, Boards, Courts andTribunals.
- Duties of conciliation officers.
- Duties of Board.
- Duties of Courts.
- Form of report or award.
- Publication of reports and awards.
- Persons on whom settlements and awards are binding.
- Period of operation of settlements and awards.
- Commencement and conclusion of proceedings.
- Certain matters to be kept confidential.
STRIKES AND LOCK-OUTS
- Prohibition of strikes and lock-outs.
- General prohibition of strikes and lock-outs.
- Illegal strikes and lock-outs.
- Prohibition of financial aid to illegal strikes and lock-outs.
LAY-OFF AND RETRENCHMENT
- Application of sections 25C to 25E.
IN CERTAIN ESTABLISHMENTS
- Application of Chapter VB.
- Definitions.- For the purposes of this Chapter
- Prohibition of lay-off.
- Conditions precedent to retrenchment of workmen.
- Procedure for closing down an undertaking
- Special provision as to restarting of undertakings closed down beforecommencement of the Industrial Disputes (Amendment) Act, 1976.
- Delegation of powers.
- Power to amend Schedules.